Friday, February 23, 2007

NPRcasting

Yesterday, Sean blogged about his increasing reliance on podcasts to pass the vast amounts of free time that he has now that Flurry is on cruise control. Short on listening material, he asked for suggestions, and I felt compelled to come to the rescue.
  • This American Life is far and away my favorite NPR program. It can't really be described (try explaining Blue Man Group to your mother), but it's well worth your time to check it out if you're not already a regular listener.
  • Wait Wait Don't Tell Me is a great way to entertain yourself and to test how well you've been paying attention to the week's news. My favorite section is always the limericks.
  • Car Talk, sadly, isn't free. Yet.
Of course both of these programs are produced weekly, so they're not going to fill your morning commute every day of the week, but they'll make your Mondays happier.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I LOVE wait wait don't tell me - great show. A big second from me!

On a related note, I love that I walk by Car Talk's office almost daily and that the name on the window is actually Dewey, Cheetham and Howe - classic.

5370miles said...

We all know that "try explaining blue man group to your mother" as a failed attempt to come up with an accurate and appropriate analogy for this posting.

We also all know your mother. She's the one who dragged you to Blue Man Group in the first place.

-your sister.