Thursday, May 17, 2007

Somewhere in Oklahoma

Day 8: Santa Fe, New Mexico to Alma, Arkansas via Amarillo, TX and Oklahoma City, OK

A few days ago I published my first post on a blog ever. Now I am publishing my first post while traveling in a car down an interstate! We are currently in Oklahoma; Seth is driving and I am typing and checking my email on his laptop, conveniently making use of his Verizon data service. The connection has been a bit spotty, but it is quite fun to surf the internet and IM with friends while on the highway.

Anyhow, thus far we have exited New Mexico and passed through Texas, and are about 45 minutes outside of Oklahoma City. Today's highlights have included: a free contintental breakfast at our fancy Quality Inn hotel, a view of the largest tires I have ever seen riding on the back of a flatbed, a quick trip through Bushland, TX on the interstate, and (as of 1 minute ago) a stretch limo pickup truck with no less than 7 passenger windows per side. Everything truly is bigger out here.

BUSHLAND

In Oklahoma City, we hope to find a good steakhouse and then continue on a few hours to Alma, Arkansas. That should position us for a short drive to Memphis tomorrow. We may even be able to catch the Sox game over the internet this evening while driving.

Have a great evening! Email me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What blog did you post on, you techno-wiz?! I'm loving following along with you guys!!! Miss you!!! Love Laurel

Unknown said...

Oh ha ha I was reading it backward, I thought you published on some law genius blog or something :)